- Secure the loadsensing arm with locking screw “A”
- Pretension spring by approx 15mm (Turn locking screw”B” inwards, clockwise by 15mm)
- Initially the valve should have no pressure on it. After setting the output “unladen” brake pressure the cable is pulled tight and locked with the locknut on swivel joint “C”.
- Locking arm using a 3mm pin at “D” may also assist during tensioning of the cable and fixing the correct pressure.
The unladen pressure is set by using 2 gauges:
- Input pressure is measured with a gauge at port 4 of the loadsensing valve, and the output with the second gauge at the actuator.
- Apply input pressure as per the data plate and check the output. Release signal pressure and adjust cable tension accordingly.
- Fine tune adjustments can be made by releasing or tightening the pretention on the spring at screw “B”by loosening the locknut.
- When correct setting is achieved, spring can be secured by tightening the locknut on screw “B”.